Get Trained And Listed as an LGBT-Friendly Assister
Want to get trained on LGBT cultural competency and be able to answer LGBT-specific enrollment questions? Check out our free online training! Following the training, you can sign up to be listed as an LGBT-friendly assister in Out2Enroll’s assister locator tool.
Why get trained? This free 90-minute training webinar developed by Out2Enroll with support from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation provides assisters with the tools they need to work effectively with LGBT communities and to help this underserved community connect with coverage.
The training includes:
- An overview of the most current LGBT terminology and concepts, including transgender-specific issues
- Updates on key aspects of the health reform law that particularly affect LGBT communities, such as the new nondiscrimination protections in Affordable Care Act Section 1557
- Answers to common LGBT-specific enrollment questions
- Strategies for reaching out to LGBT community members about the benefits of the Affordable Care Act
- Tips for creating safe spaces at your organization to promote LGBT enrollment
- Case study scenarios based on the enrollment experiences of same-sex couples and transgender people
Check it out today!
We’ve trained assisters across the country