Become an LGBTQ-Friendly Assister
Want to help LGBTQ people sign up for health insurance this open enrollment period?
Our free 90-minute training webinar, developed with support from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, provides assisters with the tools they need to work effectively with LGBTQ communities and connect this underserved community with coverage. After completing your training on LGBT cultural competency and LGBT-specific enrollment questions, you will be able to sign up as an LGBTQ-friendly assister.
The training includes:
- An overview of LGBT terms and concepts, including trans-specific issues
- Answers to common LGBT-specific enrollment questions
- Tips for creating safe spaces at your organization to promote LGBT enrollment
- Updates on key aspects of the Affordable Care Act that particularly affect LGBT communities, such as Section 1557’s nondiscrimination protections
- Strategies for reaching out to LGBT folks about the benefits of getting enrolled
- Case study scenarios based on the enrollment experiences of same-sex couples and trans people
Check it out today!
We’ve trained assisters across the country